Wednesday 8 May 2024

Micro Post; The combo for the week (week 19)

 As the song goes: “I hurt myself today…” I tore my calf muscle on my left leg so I’m not sure what that will do to this series as I have to be very mindful by in my training and take it sloooow while I recover. So if you don’t get more weekly combos for a while that will explain it.

Continuing on the theme punch-kick and utilising the versatile yet often overlooked front kick; in this combo I Jab, Cross (only doing a half hip twist as in a traditional reverse punch), and then flow straight into a back leg front kick. The punches to the head draws the guard up, so the kick goes to the midsection. The “half hip twist” on the cross let’s you put the hip into the kick so the rhythm of the combo is not a quick 1-2 and the BOOOM a kick, it’s a 1-2-3 no pause. 



2 comments: