Before I start looking back at 2012 I think it is prudent to look forward and ask: What would you like to read about in 2013? Is there anything you think would make a great blog post theme? Would you like more "how to?" posts? more history? more Kyorugi? more applications from the forms? Or something completly else like philosophy? Ki? Taegeuk? Meditation? If you are following my blog and you have an opionion or ideas please submit a comment:-) (You do not have to give any names if you do not want to)
The new year is finally upon us and I thought it would be great to just write a little about how the blog did in 2012.
The writing style and topics have been almost constant since the inception of the blog. It actually started out in 2008 as a Norwegian blog but I did not post much and I really did not start writing much before 2011 and then only in English. In March 2012 I did change the whole template of the Blog. It used to be white text on a black background wich I in 2008 though was a great and unique way of blogging instead of the mainstream white background and black text. When I reached 3000 visitors I changed it into the current format wich I think is easier to read than the older one. I did make the headings of the front page in blue just to stay a little unique though:p
The month with the most hits on the blog was November 2012 with 3742 hits wich is a lot for this blog:-)
The most read posts in 2012 are:
- The role of kicks in Poomsae
- Practical application for keumgang poomsae part one
- The key to Poomsae competition success; less is more
- Taekwondo punch vs boxing punch
- Vital points, are they part of taekwondo study?
- Religion and Taekwondo
- A collection of "good" poomsae videos (black belt poomsae)
- A holliday tip to all "form-collectors" out there
- Practical application to Keumgang Poomsae part four
- Taegeuk Poomsae; why does everybody hate them?
- Are kicking, striking and blocking the only methods in Poomsae?
Happy new year