Friday 1 June 2018

Short discussion on grappling in poomsae + application from 5 Jang


I made this clip pretty much on a whim after one of the blogs readers commented that his daughters favorite taegeuk poomsae was oh jang. I filmed the application and then what was meant as a 30 second to 1 minute intro, but I started rambling and before I knew it I had made a very short discussion on the possibility of grappling within poomsae. So in the clip you get that discussion, you get two applications from the Kukkiwon Textbook explaining “blocks” as joint locks, and you get an application from taegeuk 5 jang. I hope you’ll find it to be high value content.





https://youtu.be/dJh0WYOGjyk

I think I’ll have to make a longer video on the discussion I had in the first part though but that remains to be seen :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment