Monday 7 May 2012

Honoring the Pioneers of Korean Martial Arts

In the near future I will try to write a series of posts focusing on honoring the pioneers of Korean Martial Arts, their history, innovations and more. Many Taekwondoin choses to overlook the part of Korean Martial Arts history from 1940s onward and focus exclusivly on the period from three kingdoms era to the beginning of the 1900s.

I think this is really disrespectfull of the pioneers as most of the modern Korean Martial Arts true history starts in this often overlooked period (1940s onward). I want to honor the pioneers of Taekwondo by writing about them and their contributions to our art.

I will not do this in any particular order though and will start with the man who got me into Taekwondo (as opposed to any other martial art); Choi Hong Hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment