Friday 10 January 2014

Micro post: Taegeuk Cipher DVD clip Taegeuk chil (7) Jang practical aplication

Hi there:-) This is the first real post of 2014 the first one being more of a "what do you want to see next" post. In the (so far only) reply the wish was for practical applications to our forms. I have written and shared quite a few of my own, but at the end of 2013 with the launch of the brilliant Taegeuk Cipher DVDs from Simon O`Neill he shared a few clips on Youtube from the DVD. He has done it again now this time with a puzzling sequence from Taegeuk Chil Jang. The application is almost (about 90%) the same as my own take on the same movement (I use it from a slightly different situation but the same mechanics apply).

I write "puzzling sequence" because from a dogmatic block, kick strike point of view this sequence makes very little sense if any at all. In my personal view the fact that there are so many instanes of the Taegeuk forms set that makes no sense from that point of view is one of the main points in favor of the belief I have that they were designed with more depth in them than what is usually said to be.

So with that being said, here is the clip itself:

No comments:

Post a Comment